Copyright...

Images on this blog are Copyright of the photographer. Please do not use without permisson.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Sunday, July 1, 2007

It's been Two weeks!!!!

I have totally slumped off.....

I guess when all of a sudden your life gets totally busy, everything else kind of falls to the side....One weekend we go to the in-laws place, and then we turn around the next and go to HOT-Lanta to see the other grandparents and see the Tigers play the Braves....And man was that a weekend to never forget.... Not only were we able to see my parents, but also my grandmother. Plus she just turned 89... and plus she is a major Braves fan.. Oh, to top that off, my husband is a major Tigers fan.. Of course when the opportunity presented itself, we all took it...My grandma had always like the Braves. As long as I can remember. She had always watched them on cable tv, TBS to be exact. She could tell you all about them too. I mean she praises and worships Bobby Cox, their manager. And oh, I can't forget to mention her all time favorite, which of course about everyone else who loves the Braves, Chipper Jones.... Now I have to say, he is kind of a cutie but also a heck of a player.... Now on the other side of it.... My husband has been a Tigers fan ever since he was a kid. He's now 27 almost 28, and even through the hard times of them not amounting to much he still stuck with them. He can remember when Ernie Harwell announced the games on the radio and how him and his dad would go to Detroit to watch one of their games. He still gets excited when Ernie shows up to a game and rattles off stats of old time players, like this evening talking about one of the players in 1961 having a batting average of .361. A man being that age and still remembering those things... But, of course you can imagine his exitment at last years world series... Well, then there's me.. Kind of being a little torn.. A little stuck in the middle.. Here's my grandma who loves the Braves, and then my husband who loves the Tigers... Which do I choose????? Well... that's for next time... I know this is a little on the long side, but concidering a two week hiatus.. It was due... Happy looking...

5 comments:

Lorrie said...

my dh is a HUGE braves fan too. Nice shots. I'll be sure to show him in the morning.

Lorrie said...

oh, and welcome back!!! =)

amazing grace said...

not a huge sports person here...but like your last few shots--great color and way to capture the field! :)

Jenn said...

Beautiful colors in these shots!!

Joanne Fowler said...

Love the colors! You did a great job with these! Welcome back!

facebook like